Back today after taking two weeks away from here …
More or less because it’s been busy with vacation, rugby banquets, work, the holidays and Christmas shopping and fun.
And I was giving myself a break from rugby however I could.
So, today, I’m in my office. But decided Christmas isn’t over yet, so I’m listening to Christmas songs off the web. It’s pretty quiet around here, which is awesome. I’ve barely seen anyone today and am enjoying the quiet.
I hope you had a nice break and spent it enjoying time with your friends and family. And hopefully not being mauled by an escaped tiger.
My trip with Big T to Chicago was fabulous. We walked so much, rode the El and buses around the city – kind of feeling like a real Chicagoan – went to the Shedd Aquarium, saw “The Bean”, walked up and all over State St. and Michigan Ave.
Had some really awesome burgers at a great bar – Kuma’s Corner – check it out today if you love the idea of good food (I had a Metallica Chicken burger and a yummy salad) served to you by a waitress with lots of piercings while Tool serenades your meal.
We came home for our men’s team banquet and I had a tad bit too much to drink – every photo of me I have the craziest faces. Seriously, a boot of beer and me = “ultra specialness”. Although my team enjoyed the Christmas Sweater Pub Crawl that same night and I got to meet up with everyone later, which was fabulous. Especially Goose and Scottie’s Christmas capes (tree skirts!).
A great past week spending time with my family and some much-awaited time off. And I got some pretty good presents, although I really prefer giving presents to everybody else and seeing how much they enjoy them.
So, yeah, today, in the office. Boooo. But itching to get out of here as soon as possible today to return a few things and get organized because I’m moving this week too. Making the big move from my sister’s house to live with Big T. “Sinners” … I know. 🙂
And my cat, the fabulous Mr. Jib is moving with me – we’re like a scrumhalf and a flyhalf. So Big T gets two roommates for the price of one. What a lucky, lucky man. 😉
A few notes on the blog that I’ve been thinking about …
1. I’m going to be getting back to more of my “journaling” on here. Less of the news. I’ll still share good rugby stories and news, but it’ll be more links and “Rugby Bits & Bites”, than whole big chunks. I think more of you prefer that anyway. Plus, in the past year there have been enough “copycat” blogs that have come up and I dislike feeling like this is in any way a competition (especially with blogs that are sometimes negative or are somebody’s egotrip) I’ll just do what I enjoy and share what’s happening. I’ll save the competition for the pitch.
2. There’ll be other changes, because I’d like to clean this up a bit, make it more useful for resources, etc. So if you have any ideas, let me know.
3. I’d like to do more features on teams and people, share what’s happening out there and help us promote our teams. Again, ideas are welcome.
4. I’ll try to post more fitness and workout info on here. I have less than two weeks until the Monkey Bar Gym classes start and I know I’ve got to start running, watching the junk I’m eating and working on my health and fitness. It helps that I’ll be moving in with a workout wizard. I think he actually enjoys running … oy. Mr. Jib and I could both lose some tummy weight though, so here we go.
5. I’m looking forward to 2008. I hope you are too. 🙂