First team practice tonight! But first some rugby goodness …
• Harry Potter’s friend Hermione and I have something in common … we both are dating rugby hunks.
• Oh to live in a country where a women’s rugby player is a “sexy” celebrity who’s recent breakup is tabloid fodder, instead of Mrs. Federline.
Are you excited for the World Cup? It’s coming up quick! Here’s a few Rugby World Cup bits and bites, with some features on our own USA Eagles …
• And in something I can’t link to … I saw a photo of a very good looking Eagle Flanker in his underwear today. I am now looking more forward to the upcoming international match in Chicago, Aug. 26. 🙂
And in case you’re not thinking this far ahead, don’t forget the IRB 7s season is also only a few months away …
• And the IRB 7s Schedule was announced earlier this month:
Nov. 30-Dec. 1 — Dubai
Dec. 7-8 — South Africa
Feb. 1-2 — New Zealand
Feb. 9-10 — United States
March 28-30 — Hong Kong
April 5-6 — Australia
May 24-25 — England
May 31-June 1 — Scotland
And lest you think I’ve gone way too international today, all across the world rugby seasons are starting up.
• The UK’s Times Online provides us with some helpful info on getting in shape for rugby …
• And should your club ever need to perform the Haka (or you’re just curious what it actually means), one blogger breaks the ancient war dance down for us.