Just a few Off the Pitch items to pass on …
• Over at Zen Habits – one of my favorite new reads – 20 Tricks to Nuke A Bad Habit – a list of tips to help you develop good habits.
• I Will Teach You to be Rich is focusing on women and money, including profiles on some of his female readers and their personal finances. I always like to read about other people’s stories, since I almost always find something useful for myself.
• This photo gallery by Time of “What the World Eats” struck me. Seriously take a few minutes and look at the differences between each of these families, even just in the geographic regions of the US.
• I’m cleaning out my “Favorites” link list on the web and I had saved this – The World’s Most Polluted River. Ugh.
• And speaking of human impact on the planet, have you ever wondered what would happen to the Earth if we disappeared? “The humbling – and perversely comforting – reality is that the Earth will forget us remarkably quickly.” Via Kottke.
And yes … I fully realize I’ve probably just made all of you start pondering your life habits, your finances and your footprints. It’s good to question what you’re doing. Question everything.
I’m on vacation again tomorrow, then gone all weekend. Have a good one and I’ll talk to you all Monday!