I liked this list from Time Magazine. 20 Ways to Get and Stay Happy.
Happiness is difficult to define and even harder to measure. We experience it as a combination of elements, in the same way that one wheel or spring inside a watch doesn’t keep time — it is a result of the synchronicity of the whole. As a relative state, happiness is what psychologists call our “subjective well-being” and, fortunately for us, it is a state that we can actively change for the better. Here are 20 ways to start.
1. Count Your Blessings
2. Hear the Music
3. Snog. Canoodle. Get it on.
4. Nurture Your Spirituality
5. Move Your Body
6. Laugh Big
7. Do Something Nice for Someone Else
8. Make More Money than Your Peers
9. Seek Positive Emotion as a Path to Success
10. Identify with your Heritage
11. Use a Happy Memory as a Guide
12. Play the Part of an Optimist
13. Try New Things
14. Tell Your Story to Someone
15. Balance Work and Home
16. Be like the Danes: Keep Expectations Realistic
17. Make Time
18. Visualize Happiness
20. Marry Happy
Go through the link and read up on each one of these. Quick blurbs and science on why this list works.